Monday, June 28, 2010

The State of Suburbia

I live in a land where chain restaurants outnumber local ones. Where strip malls sit vacant, a sign of the housing boom and bust. Where you have to drive half an hour to get anywhere interesting, often traffic doubling that commute. Where subdivisions prevail and all of the houses look the same. Where public transportation is a pipe dream.

I live in suburbia.

My husband and I bought a house almost three years ago, so suburban life it will be. But we are changing the way we live. Instead of relishing in suburban excess, we are trying to live a more eco-sustainable life. I'm seeking out more natural and organic foods and making things from scratch. We are almost paper towel free (though toilet paper free is never going to happen).

This blog will be mostly about trying to live better on a budget, begin my public relations career and become the ultimate domestic goddess.

Small challenges, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment